Palm Island of Dubai is perhaps the most go-getting and exclusive real-estate developments in Dubai, overflowing with five-star and luxurious hotels and resorts, stunning beach villas, premium dining arrangements, docks, water parks and unlimited shopping facilities.
The palm island is the best artificially created project that is categorized into three separate parts, and they are:
- Palm Jumeirah
- Palm Jebel Ali
- Palm Deira
Holding about seven million square meters area in Dubai, the Palm Island is the largest man-made island that represents the natural beauty, classy craftsmanship, and Excellency of ideas. Among all the three parts, Palm Jumeirah is the most attractive portion which makes thousands of visitors come worldwide. This non-natural archipelago was designed by means of land recovery by a company named as Nakheel and hold by the government of Dubai. It was planned, crafted and urbanized by Helman Hurley Charvat Peacock/Architects, Inc. and said to be the most striking part of Palm Island of Dubai.
However, several facts are yet unknown to people visiting this beautiful and man-made location. This article is about some interesting facts about Palm Jumeriah in Dubai which may astonish you.
- The Palm Jumeirah is recorded as the largest man-made island in the world which covers 560 hectares of land. There are no such grand islands in the world which was designed, developed, and maintained by a human.
- The Palm Jumeirah is often considered to the 8th wonder of the world. It is one of the best attractions of Dubai having lots of places to visit, to enjoy and to astonish including Atlantis Hotel that exactly represents the refinement of the Palm Jumeirah’s crescent, Trump International – a deluxe and renowned hotel that holds 300 luxurious rooms and Oceana – a beachfront housing and resort to give the visitors a royal fragrance and comfortable and relaxing ambiance to live.
- One more surprising fact about Palm Jumeirah is that – 94 million cubic meters of sand and 7 million tons of rock are used to build this largest island of the world.
- The dimension of Palm Jumeirah is too large that more than 800 football pitches could sit on its ground. Now you can imagine the length of a football pitch and then the length of Palm Jumeirah. Isn’t surprising?
- The Palm Jumeirah is the first ever man-made island that includes the earliest curved breakwater. No island before Palm Jumeirah did this.
- The creation of Palm Jumeirah is very complicated, and it was the first time when such a varied and grand shape of an island has been designed and created through land repossession.
- While building this structure, the amount of material used can build a 2 meter tall and half a meter broad wall that will circle the world three times than usual. Just imagine how much amount of materials are used to build this innovative and significant piece of work.
- Palm Jumeirah also have a six-lane tunnel which was made into the sea to connect the backbone to the semi-circular. The length of the tunnel is 1.4 km, and its wide is 40m and deepness to the sea are 25m.